My goals for implementation will be to start with the Google calendar for communication and then move to Google Documents for sharing of information.
Before school is out I plan to start training the teacher on the use of the Google calendar and use it throughout the summer to keep teachers informed of upcoming dates. For example we always meet sometime in July; we have Parent Orientation before school starts, and starting dates for school, etc. In August we will begin with Google documents. I want the teachers to create a document when they have grade level meetings and then share it with me. I can then make comments. I will use Google Docs when writing the 2011-2012 SIP and then share with all stakeholders and everything is documented.
I am still so new in this Google world I have many questions! The more I work with it I will find the answers to those questions and it will lead to more questions.
The technology coach at my school would be an integral part of implementing the vision for our school. She already does an excellent job in providing training to the teachers in a meaningful way and makes it relevant to the job. I have already shared with her the tools and where I see us going with it. There are also lead teachers who are a little more technology savvy and they will get excited about the technology and it will spread throughout their grade level. The Program Coordinator for our school is also in this class, so I have another person who can help build the enthusiasm we will need to make this happen.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good plan, Christie. These goals can be accomplished and are very realistic. I feel these goals will benefit your teachers, students, and parents. It is always good to stretch outside our comfort zone. With more use of Google tools I feel you will become very confident and competent. I hope these goals become reality very quickly.
ReplyDelete